Get Set Progress provides paid internships for blind and partially sighted people to secure that first rung on the career ladder or who are returning to work following a career break.
Thomas Pocklington Trust (TPT) has run a programme of paid internships since 2015 with 85% of interns going on to gain paid employment within six months.
In March 2022 TPT extended the programme to five other sight loss charities. Partner organisations in the programme are British Blind Sport, My Sight Nottinghamshire, MySight York, Oxfordshire Association for the Blind and Sight Support West of England.
These nine-month internships are now open for applications:
- Communications Intern – Thomas Pocklington Trust
- Finance Intern – Thomas Pocklington Trust
- Sight Loss Council Engagement Intern – Thomas Pocklington Trust
- Marketing & Communications Intern – British Blind Sport
- Sight Loss Advisor Intern- My Sight Nottinghamshire
- Groups Assistant Intern – MySight York
- Fundraising Intern – Oxfordshire Association for the Blind
- Customer Service Intern – Sight Support West of England